CastleStorm: The Warrior Queen DLCWritten by: / / No Comments
CastleStorm is one of the most unique games to be released this year and it’s not only super fun, it’s super addictive, formed from a combination of so many different games that it is in a genre by itself. The game has also received some added gameplay via the themed downloadable content, the most recent of which is ‘The Warrior Queen.’
As we take a look at the latest CastleStorm DLC, sit back and enjoy but make sure your castle doesn’t get destroy while reading.
What You Need to Know
It is time that the Vikings got some reinforcements in CastleStorm, so this time you play as Freia, a young warrior who wants to put an end to the reign of the evil Viking chief, Ramhorn, but you will have to prove to the Vikings that she has what it takes to lead the resistance to victory and become the ‘Warrior Queen.’
The DLC adds over twenty new battles for you to enjoy, but with a new Viking elite class at your command you also get some new weapons to launch at your enemies, such as Meteor Showers, Exploding Barrels, Stormbringers, Golem Hostages, and finally, Frozen Swordfish. The DLC also adds some new Survival levels to enjoy and see if you can top your friends’ leaderboards.
What’s the Same?
With the additions of the new missions, weapons and storyline, the gameplay is pretty much the same, but don’t be fooled: It’s still a fun experience and the same great formula still applies.
You’ll Enjoy CastleStorm: The Warrior Queen If You Liked…
… CastleStorm. There isn’t any game like it. Well, you could say if you like Angry Birds mixed with a fun hack ‘n slash game, then you will enjoy this.
What I Liked
- 5.) More levels and more great fun to be had in this addictive game. I never got bored.
- 4.) The story being told from the Viking side, with chances to use more of their weapons.
- 3.) This DLC still has the same great humour as the rest of the base game.
- 2.) Great level design and some fun challenges to take on.
- 1.) Massive new weapons to use to destroy the enemies Castles.
That moment when I just know I did all the right moves and with just four shots, I brought down a fourteen room castle. The feeling I get when I see the castle come tumbling down and ‘Victory!’ appears on the screen is fantastic.
What I Didn’t Like
- 3.) There are a few too many timed missions where you have to complete a task in a set time.
- 2.) Enemies being spawned at a higher level than what your troops are.
- 1.) The difficulty of the game has skyrocketed and just playing on ‘Normal’ is almost near impossible and playing on ‘Hard’ is almost in a ‘rage quit’ zone.
Least Favourite Moment
In one level I had to defend the king until he reached safety, but the enemy kept sending in many more troops than what I could counter. I think I had to redo that level about fourteen times until I got it right.
CastleStorm’s Warrior Queen DLC adds new survival levels for extra replay value, while there are also new Achievements for you to collect worth 100 Gamerscore.
The Bottom Line
The Warrior Queen DLC for CastleStorm is a great addition to an awesome game. The DLC is a lot more difficult than the original game and the first DLC, but who doesn’t like a good challenge? I still think CastleStorm is one of the coolest games available this year.