Harvest Moon DS (DS)Written by: / / No Comments
“Sow the seeds of a happy future with Harvest Moon DS.”
Whether you want to enjoy a timeout on your farm or discover whether you have green fingers, Harvest Moon DS invites you to do as much, or as little, as you like. Harvest Moon DS is set to be launched across Europe in the first quarter of 2007. We thought we would give you a sneak peak about what this farming adventure is all about.
Players can tend their flocks or work in their fields as they cultivate new seed variants, fish or hunt for hidden treasure on the farm. In Harvest Moon DS players aim to run a successful farm in Forget-Me-Not-Valley. To achieve this players must plant seeds and harvest the crops, all in the right season of course! Players must also tend to farm animals including sheep, cows and chickens. Players can make use of the DS Touch Screen to interact with the animals, petting them and caring for them. The happier your animals, the higher quality your milk, eggs and wool will be, as happy animals reward their owners!
Players need to create a productive farm in order to release the Harvest Sprites and the Harvest Goddess who were magically transported to another world by The Witch Goddess. Rival to the Harvest Goddess and being jealous of the goddess’s popularity, she attempts to reduce her cheeriness but banishes her mistakenly. Players must now restore the magic of Forget-Me-Not-Valley. As players work the farm, tend livestock and search for Miss Right, the 101 Harvest Sprites will be released from where they were trapped. Once freed, they will help players by tending to the animals and watering the crops. Some will even unlock activities and information to help your farming endeavours.
All work and no play?
Now you might be asking what is all this work with no play? Players can also look forward to the social aspect of living on a farm in Forget-Me-Not-Valley. 25 characters live in the town and players can interact with all of them. Players can build relationships by talking and giving presents to the townsfolk.
Love is in the air
Players can even woo the town girls, and after choosing a wife, settle down and raise a family on the farm. You can even keep track of your new love by checking on the second screen of the DS, which allows you to view sections of the town in real time.
The game is published by Natsume, who provided the following list of features of Harvest Moon DS:
- Plan, design and build a custom farm
- Play Harvest Sprite Casino Games
- Marry a maiden, mermaid, witch or goddess
- Spend some hands-on time with your livestock (cows, sheep, chickens and ducks) and pets through innovative Touch Screen features
- Water and harvest an extensive variety of crops or trees on your own or hire Harvest Sprites to lend a hand
- Court and marry local girls or invite over favourites from Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
- New festivals, extensions, items and mini-games
- Inserting your copy of Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town or Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town into your DS will unlock surprises in Harvest Moon DS.
Farming has never been this fun!
Harvest Moon DS will launch for £30 across Europe. Be sure to check out this latest quirky title for the DS.