Media Create Japanese Software Sales for week ending June 22nd: Pokemon Art Academy takes top honoursWritten by: / / No Comments
This week’s Media Create software chart leader, Pokemon Art Academy, proves that educational games can perform well provided they are connected to a popular franchise in some way. The game will be released in PAL territories on July 4th at retail and as a digital download so it will be interesting to see if gamers in Europe are as eager to learn to draw their favourite Pokemon as their Japanese counterparts.
Other new entries this week include NIS’ stylish adventure game htoL NiQ: Hotaru no Nikki for PS Vita and Bandai Namco’s intriguing “voice actor casting” title CV: Casting Voice which allows players to assume the role of a VA producer whose job is to cast voice actors for anime and dramas.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- [NEW] Pokemon Art Academy (Nintendo) – 3DS – 31 080
- Youkai Watch (Level-5) – 3DS – 30 394
- Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) – Wii U – 28 112
- World Soccer Winning Eleven 2014: Samurai Blue Challenge (Konami) – PS3 – 20 600
- Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (Atlus) – 3DS – 11 979
- [NEW] htoL NiQ: Hotaru no Nikki (Nippon Ichi Software) – PS Vita – 9 744
- [NEW] CV: Casting Voice (Bandai Namco Games) – PS3 – 7 524
- World Soccer Winning Eleven 2014: Samurai Blue Challenge (Konami) – 3DS – 7 374
- One Piece: Unlimited World Red (Bandai Namco Games) – PS3 – 6 307
- FIFA 14 (Electronic Arts) – PS4 – 5 867
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create