UK Software Chart: EA Sports UFC makes Watch Dogs tap out during the week of June 21stWritten by: / / 4 Comments
This is… unexpected.
Watch Dogs went on to break a few sales records both internationally and in the UK, but nothing lasts forever and Ubisoft’s open-world action game couldn’t stay at the top for too much longer, and it took EA and EA Sports’ latest crack at the mixed martial arts fighter genre to do it.
EA Sports UFC arrived at No. 1 on Chart Track’s UK Software Sales chart this past week, making it the third EA game to hold the top spot in 2014 after Titanfall and FIFA 14. Watch Dogs meanwhile steps down one position to No. 2 following a 41% sales drop compared to the week previous, as Titanfall (sales up 10%) gains three positions to chart at No. 3.
Wolfenstein: The New Order hangs in there at No. 4 after only slipping one place, as FIFA 14 (sales down 9%) keeps it steady at No. 5 and 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil shifts four places down to No. 6, kept in good company with Mario Kart 8 (sales down 30%) which moves from No. 4 to NO. 7.
Call of Duty: Ghosts (sales down 13%) is a non-mover at No. 8, while Minecraft: PS3 Edition (sales down 22%) and Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition (sales down 8%) make up No. 9 and No. 10. Elsewhere, MotoGP 14 debuts at No. 14, which Chart Track says was helped by its PlayStation 4 release to improve on first weeks sales by 8.4% compared to its predecessor in 2013.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) EA Sports UFC (EA) [New]
- 2.) Watch Dogs (Ubisoft)
- 3.) Titanfall (EA)
- 4.) Wolfenstein: The New Order (Bethesda Softworks)
- 5.) FIFA 14 (EA)
- 6.) 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil (EA)
- 7.) Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo)
- 8.) Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
- 9.) Minecraft: PS3 Edition (Sony Computer Entertainment)
- 10.) Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft Studios)
- 11.) Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar Games)
- 12.) Battlefield 4 (EA)
- 13.) Murdered: Soul Suspect (Square Enix)
- 14.) MotoGP (Milestone) [New]
- 15.) Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Ubisoft)
- 16.) LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 17.) The LEGO Movie Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 18.) Plants VS Zombies: Garden Warfare (EA)
- 19.) Tomodachi Life (Nintendo)
- 20.) LEGO: The Hobbit (Warner Bros. Interactive)
Source: Chart Track