Media Create Japanese Software Sales for week ending June 15th: Mario Kart 8 gives Youkai Watch a Luigi death stareWritten by: / / No Comments
There are a few new entries on this week’s Media Create software chart but none of them sold well enough to stave off games like Mario Kart 8 and Youkai Watch from perching at the top of the latest standings. First-placed Mario Kart 8 managed to push up its lifetime sales in Japan to 441 205 copies despite sales dwindling by 42% week over week. Meanwhile, Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth’s sales tumbled by 83% week over week as the game slid to third spot on the chart.
Interestingly, the PS4 version of Thief sold almost double its PS3 counterpart during the game’s first week of release which just goes to show how starved Japanese gamers are for enticing PS4 releases at present.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) – Wii U – 42 261
- Youkai Watch (Level-5) – 3DS – 32 960
- Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (Atlus) – 3DS – 31 472
- World Soccer Winning Eleven 2014: Samurai Blue Challenge (Konami) – PS3 – 20 264
- [NEW] The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki Evolution (Kadokawa Shoten) – PS Vita – 19 659
- [NEW] One Piece: Unlimited World Red (Bandai Namco Games) – PS3 – 18 026
- [NEW] One Piece: Unlimited World Red (Bandai Namco Games) – PS Vita – 10 348
- [NEW] Thief (Square Enix) – PS4 – 8 772
- Card Fight!! Vanguard: Lock on Victory!! (FuRyu) – 3DS – 7 315
- FIFA 14 (Electronic Arts) – PS4 – 6 264
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create