Major Watch Dogs patch now rolling out across all platformsWritten by: / / No Comments
Watch Dogs shipped with a fair number of bugs, particularly on PC, and now Ubisoft has announced that the game’s first major patch has begun rolling out across all platforms. PlayStation 3 and 4 users can already download the title update while PC owners will get it “in the coming days”. Finally, Xbox 360 and Xbox One users can expect the patch “within the next week”.
Some of the major issues addressed in this update include a fix for a corrupted save file bug that many users experienced as well as a solution to a bug that prevented players from using hacks in the game. After downloading the patch PC players can also look forward to fewer graphical glitches and “several” performance improvements.
Here are Watch Dog’s patch notes in full:
Major Game Fixes
• Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
• Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.
• Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
• Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
• Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.
• Fixed several minor respawn issues.
• Fixed some connection and session joining issues.
PC Specific Fixes
• Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
• Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
• Implemented several performance improvements.
• Implemented a few control improvements.
• Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
• Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
• Implemented several mouse modifications.
• Fixed “Drinking Game” control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
• Fixed “Chess Game” control issue.
• Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
• Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
• Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
• Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
• Added game version in main menu.
Watch Dogs is out now for PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC. A Wii U version is also in development. Head over here for El33tonline’s previous coverage of this ambitious new IP from Ubisoft which includes our recent review.
Source: Ubisoft Forum