Gran Turismo 6 patch 1.09 now available, introduces Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision GT and Red Bull RingWritten by: / / No Comments
Polyphony Digital has issued a significant new title update for Gran Turismo 6 that upgrades the software to version 1.09. The patch weighs in at 598MB and introduces a number of improvements including adjustments to the game’s already excellent physics simulation model. The patch also adds a new track (the Red Bull Ring) as well as three new vehicles and the eye-catching Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision GT which can be obtained simply by completing a lap of the car’s corresponding Seasonal Event.
Here are GT6′s 1.09 patch notes in full:
Vision Gran Turismo
• The “Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision Gran Turismo” has been released. Experience the dynamic all wheel drive supercar that inherits the DNA of the Volkswagen sports GTI philosophy.
After the update has been installed, the car can be purchased from the [Vision GT] option within the [CARS] section in “My Home”. Alternatively, it is also possible to obtain the car by completing a lap (regardless of the lap time) in the new Seasonal Event, available only for a limited time.
The “Volkswagen Vision GT” racing suit has been added to the [Special Outfits] page of the [Racing Gear] option within the [TUNING & SERVICING] section, accessible from “My Home”. The suit can also be obtained from the corresponding Seasonal Events, available only for a limited time.
Red Bull Ring
• The full and short track layouts of the “Red Bull Ring” have been added to the game. This is an ultra high speed circuit with long flat out sections and tricky tight corners in between. How you handle these tight turns will greatly affect your final lap time. In 2014, Formula 1 racing returned to this track after an 11 year hiatus; the circuit truly brings together the best of the old and the new.
New vehicles have been introduced
• The following cars have been added to the [Dealerships] option within the [CARS] section of “My Home”. You can also find those cars in the [Recommended Cars] option of the same section:
• GT-R NISMO GT3 Nissan GT Academy Team RJN ‘13
• Lexus IS F CCS-R ‘11
• Toyota TS030 Hybrid ‘12
Adjustments to the physics simulation model
• The physics simulation model of “Gran Turismo 6” has been updated with the following changes:
(1) The dynamics of the car on surfaces with cornerstones and bumps have been improved;
(2) The effect of the tyre geometry has been changed (mainly for the “Camber Angle” option);
(3) The handling of some rear heavy cars has been improved;
The default settings of the tuning parts have also been adjusted to match the above changes.
Other cars adjustments
• On the various Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X models, it is now possible to enable the [Active Steering] under the [Driving Options] of the “Quick Menu”.
Other offline improvements and adjustments
• [Data Logger] can now be opened from the “Quick Menu” of Time Trial events. Please note that only limited features will be available in this way. Please refer to the online manual for more details.
• A [Reset to Default] option that returns the car to its showroom condition has been added under [Car Settings].
• Signal Starts are now enabled on tracks with signals.
Other online improvements and adjustments
• A countdown is now displayed on the bottom right part of the Open Lobby screen, showing the time before an event starts and the time when the track voting ends.
• The uploading time for both Drift Trials and Time Trials (Section) have been changed.