Media Create Japanese Software Sales for week ending June 1st: Mario Kart 8 finishes miles ahead of the competitionWritten by: / / No Comments
The latest Media Create software chart is dominated by Mario Kart 8 which cruised into first position with 325 892 copies sold during its first four days at retail. This puts it ahead of all other Mario Kart games apart from Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 7 in terms of first-week sales – a very impressive feat considering that the Wii U’s install base in Japan is only 1.76 million units at present.
Other new releases this week include the latest instalment in Bandai Namco’s popular Mobile Suit Gundam series and Examu’s all-female 2D fighter Arcana Heart 3: Love Max!!!!!. Meanwhile, Chou Megami Shinkou Noire: Gekishin Black Heart is a new entry in the Hyperdimension Neptunia gaming parody franchise featuring characters representing famous series such as Resident Evil, Monster Hunter and Yakuza.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- [NEW] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) – Wii U – 325 892
- [NEW] Mobile Suit Gundam: Side Stories (Bandai Namco Games) – PS3 – 82 048
- Youkai Watch (Level-5) – 3DS – 36 868
- [NEW] Chou Megami Shinkou Noire: Gekishin Black Heart (Compile Heart) – PS Vita – 28 397
- World Soccer Winning Eleven 2014: Samurai Blue Challenge (Konami) – PS3 – 27 406
- World Soccer Winning Eleven 2014: Samurai Blue Challenge (Konami) – 3DS – 12 265
- inFamous: Second Son (Sony Computer Entertainment) – PS4 – 8 622
- The Idolmaster: One for All (Bandai Namco Games) – PS3 – 6 910
- [NEW] Arcana Heart 3: Love Max!!!!! (Arc System Works) – PS3 – 6 273
- Mario Party: Island Tour (Nintendo) – 3DS – 6 064
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create