Gran Turismo 6 patch 1.08 now available, includes Ayrton Senna TributeWritten by: / / No Comments
Polyphony Digital has issued a significant new title update for Gran Turismo 6 that upgrades the software to version 1.08. The patch introduces the impressively sleek Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV Evolution Vision GT and more importantly adds the much hyped Ayrton Senna Tribute special content to mark the 20th anniversary of this legendary driver’s untimely death during the F1 Grand Prix race at Italy’s Imola Circuit.
The Ayrton Senna Tribute is comprised of four parts that retrace Senna’s life through a collection of photographs and videos. Players can experience slices of Senna’s career firsthand by driving some of the same cars and taking part in a few of the events that helped to shape his legacy. These include the #17 DAP Racing Kart he drove in the World Karting Championships and the Lotus 97T F1 car (pictured above) that he used to tear up the track at the Brands Hatch and Monza GP circuits. Interestingly, both of these tracks have been given a complete makeover as part of the Ayrton Senna Tribute in order to restore them to their original layouts from the 1980s.
Here are GT6’s 1.08 patch notes in full:
Ayrton Senna Tribute
• The “Ayrton Senna Tribute” special content has been released. The content is accessible from the [Ayrton Senna Tribute] option within the [SPECIAL EVENTS] section in “My Home”.
In addition, the following content has been added:
– The “Ayrton Senna Tribute” introduction movie has been added to the [Library] page under the “Movies” section of the [Gallery], accessible from “My Home”.
– The “Ayrton Senna 1980”, “Ayrton Senna 1983” and “Ayrton Senna 1985” racing suits have been added to the [Special Outfits] page of the [Racing Gear] option within the [TUNING & SERVICING] section, accessible from “My Home”. These items can also be acquired for free by clearing the “Ayrton Senna Tribute” events under specific conditions.
– Clearing the events of the “Ayrton Senna Tribute” content under specific conditions will reward players with the following cars:
• DAP Racing Kart #17 ’80
• West Surrey Racing, 1983 Ayrton Senna
• Lotus 97T ‘85
Alternatively, the above cars can be purchased from the newly created “Ayrton Senna” manufacturer accessible from the [Dealerships] option within the [CARS] section of “My Home”.
Vision Gran Turismo
• The “Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV EVOLUTION Vision Gran Turismo” has been released. This is a hybrid concept packed with know-how and spirit gained through motorsports, we hope you will take this opportunity to take it for a spin!
After the update has been installed, the car can be purchased from the [Vision GT] option within the [CARS] section in “My Home”. Alternatively, it is also possible to obtain the car by completing a lap (regardless of the lap time) in the new Seasonal Event, available only for a limited time.
Adjustments to the Open Lobby
• When any “Qualifier” race is selected in the “Room Mode” option under [Basic Settings] and [Race Alone] is selected under the “Race Format” option under [Qualifier Settings], the Ghost line can be enabled or disabled by pressing the Up Button (default button settings).