Media Create Japanese Software Sales for week ending May 11th: 3DS titles rule the roostWritten by: / / No Comments
Predictably there are no new releases on the latest Media Create software chart due to it being the week following Golden Week. First placed Youkai Watch is showing incredible legs by selling a further 58 906 copies despite it having been released almost a year ago. Its success just goes to show how a cross-media franchise such as this can continue to sell provided at least one of its products is currently in the public eye (in this case it would be the Youkai Watch anime TV series).
Interestingly, nine out of the top ten titles on this week’s chart are for the 3DS, with old favourites such as Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Pokémon X and Y making a comeback during a slow week for software sales.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- Youkai Watch (Level-5) – 3DS – 58 906
- Mario Golf: World Tour (Nintendo) – 3DS – 26 882
- Mario Party: Island Tour (Nintendo) – 3DS – 20 065
- Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (Bandai Namco Games) – PS Vita – 15 972
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (Square Enix) – 3DS – 10 525
- Kirby: Triple Deluxe (Nintendo) – 3DS – 10 056
- Pokémon X and Y (Pokémon Co.) – 3DS – 8 771
- Style Savvy: Trendsetters – Tokimeki Up! (Nintendo) – 3DS – 7 039
- Fossil Fighters: Infinite Gear (Nintendo) – 3DS – 6 002
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo) – 3DS – 4 965
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create