UK Software Chart: Titanfall and FIFA beat up Spider-Man during the week of May 10thWritten by: / / 1 Comment
The mighty mighty Titanfall and the just-as-powerful FIFA 14 have managed to wrestle control of Chart Track’s UK Software Chart this past week away from The Amazing Spider-Man 2, which debuted at the top of the listing recently.
This power struggle was the result of a 49% drop in sales for Spider-Man, as sales of Titanfall fell by 25%, and 11% less copies of FIFA 14 were sold compared to the week previous.
Elsewhere on the chart, Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (sales down 2%) climbed two places to No. 4, while 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil (sales down 18%) slipped from No. 4 to No. 5. Call of Duty: Ghosts (sales down 17%) was similarly affected by activity at the top of the chart and was shoved down from No. 5 to No. 6.
The LEGO Movie Videogame (sales up 7% with sales of 6 493 units) moved up one position to No. 7, Battlefield 4 (sales up 8%) climbed two places to No. 8, LEGO The Hobbit (sales down 30%) drops two places to No. 9, and LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (sales flat) makes up one place and rounds out the Top Ten.
Bound By Flame was the only new game to appear on Chart Track’s listing, appearing at No. 12 during its first week on sale.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
– 1.) Titanfall (EA)
– 2.) FIFA 14 (EA)
– 3.) The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Activision)
– 4.) Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft Studios)
– 5.) 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil (EA)
– 6.) Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
– 7.) The LEGO Movie Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)
– 8.) Battlefield 4 (EA)
– 9.) LEGO: The Hobbit (Warner Bros. Interactive)
– 10.) LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive)
– 11.) Plants VS Zombies: Garden Warfare (EA)
– 12.) Bound by Flame (Focus Home) [New]
– 13.) Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar Games)
– 14.) inFamous: Second Son (Sony)
– 15.) Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Konami)
– 16.) Thief (Square Enix)
– 17.) Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Ubisoft)
– 18.) Batman: Arkham Origins (Warner Bros. Interactive)
– 19.) South Park: The Stick of Truth (Ubisoft)
– 20.) Trials Fusion (Ubisoft)
Source: Chart Track