Famitsu Japanese Software Sales for week ending May 4th: Youkai Watch fends off Mario Golf: World TourWritten by: / / No Comments
Media Create is a little late with its weekly sales report due to the recent Golden Week holidays in Japan so we’re relying on Famitsu and its parent company Enterbrain for our data instead.
This week’s chart features two new entries in the shape of Mario Golf: World Tour and Child of Light but neither game was able to hold off Youkai Watch which regained its number one spot with 70 021 copies sold during the latest sales period. In case you’re wondering why Child of Light sold the identical number of copies on PS4 and PS3 – this is because the retail version came with a download code that entitles owners to the game on both platforms.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- Youkai Watch (Level-5) – 3DS – 70 021
- [NEW] Mario Golf: World Tour (Nintendo) – 3DS – 58 743
- Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (Bandai Namco Games) – PS Vita – 26 852
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (Square Enix) – 3DS – 24 796
- Mario Party: Island Tour (Nintendo) – 3DS – 24 596
- Kirby: Triple Deluxe (Nintendo) – 3DS – 11 080
Style Savvy: Trendsetters - Tokimeki Up! (Nintendo) – 3DS – 8 289
- NES Remix 1+2 (Nintendo) – Wii U – 8 173
- [NEW] Child of Light (Ubisoft) – PS4 – 7 857
- [NEW] Child of Light (Ubisoft) – PS3 – 7 857
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.