Media Create Japanese Software Sales for week ending April 20th: Youkai Watch keeps FFXIV: A Realm Reborn at bayWritten by: / / No Comments
The latest Media Create software chart may feature five new entries but none of these games managed to sell more than Youkai Watch and 3rd Super Robot Wars Z: Jigoku-Hen which both appeared on last week’s chart. Youkai Watch is clearly benefiting from the popular Japanese anime series by the same name, and after a slow start has now sold 754 910 copies since making its debut last July.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is the best-selling new release this week, followed closely by Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 1-2-3: Naruhodo Selection which is essentially a port of the iOS remake that landed on the Japanese App Store in 2012.
Other new releases include a new otome game for PSP from Idea Factory called Jyuzaengi: Engetsu Sangokuden 2, as well as a new entry in Bandai Namco’s murder mystery series Detective Conan for 3DS.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- Youkai Watch (Level-5) – 3DS – 34 690
- 3rd Super Robot Wars Z: Jigoku-Hen (Bandai Namco Games) – PS3 – 31 724
- [NEW] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Square Enix) – PS4 – 31 326
- [NEW] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 1-2-3: Naruhodo Selection (Capcom) – 3DS – 26 925
- Mario Party: Island Tour (Nintendo) – 3DS – 18 848
- 3rd Super Robot Wars Z: Jigoku-Hen (Bandai Namco Games) – PS Vita – 17 755
- [NEW] Style Savvy: Trendsetters – Tokimeki Up! (Nintendo) – 3DS – 12 315
- [NEW] Jyuzaengi: Engetsu Sangokuden 2 (Idea Factory) – PSP – 8 499
- [NEW] Detective Conan: Phantom Rapsody (Bandai Namco Games) – 3DS – 8 336
- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Konami) – PS3 – 8 018
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create