Media Create Japanese Software Sales for week ending April 13th: 3rd Super Robot Wars Z pummels the competitionWritten by: / / No Comments
This week’s Media Create software chart demonstrates a very interesting trend whereby a game released for both PS3 and PS Vita (in this case 3rd Super Robot Wars Z: Jigoku-Hen) sells much better on Sony’s handheld in relation to each console’s install base. Once the PS4 gains more traction in Japan we could see new titles releasing across all three current PlayStation formats which should make for very compelling sales figures.
Elsewhere on the chart, Youkai Watch continues to sell well despite a sequel being announced last week, and the Xbox 360 version of Titanfall failed to make much of an impression during its first four days at Japanese retailers in stark contrast to the brisk sales the game has been enjoying in the West.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- [NEW] 3rd Super Robot Wars Z: Jigoku-Hen (Bandai Namco Games) – PS3 – 142 433
- [NEW] 3rd Super Robot Wars Z: Jigoku-Hen (Bandai Namco Games) – PS Vita – 128 236
- Youkai Watch (Level-5) – 3DS – 33 833
- Mario Party: Island Tour (Nintendo) – 3DS – 28 114
- [NEW] Crayon Shin-Chan: Arashi o Yobu Kasukabe Eiga Stars! (Bandai Namco Games) – 3DS – 16 409
- [NEW] Mato Kurenai Yuugekitai: Tokyo Twilight Ghosthunters (Arc System Works) – PS Vita – 14 468
- Samurai Warriors 4 (Koei Tecmo) – PS3 – 13 552
- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Konami) – PS3 – 11 005
- [NEW] Titanfall (Electronic Arts) – Xbox 360 – 10 478
- [NEW] Mato Kurenai Yuugekitai: Tokyo Twilight Ghosthunters (Arc System Works) – PS3 – 8 469
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create