UK Software Chart: Elder Scrolls falls before FIFA during the week of April 5thWritten by: / / 4 Comments
The Elder Scrolls Online was the highest profile new release in the UK last week, but despite the launch of this long in development MMOG, Chart Track’s latest sales chart puts FIFA 14 at the top of the list ahead of Zenimax Online Studios’ first game.
FIFA 14 sales jumped by 8% to help the game reach No. 1 for the 11th time since its release in late 2013 – an accomplishment that Chart Track says has only been accomplished by Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Wii Fit, Zumba Fitness and FIFA: Road to the World Cup 98 before it.
Titanfall (sales down 36%) slots in at No. 3 – a non-mover this week – behind Elder Scrolls Online at No. 2, as Call of Duty: Ghosts (sales up 35%) leaps four places to No. 4 following the release of the latest map pack on Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (sales down 46%) meanwhile drops three places to No. 5, as inFamous: Second Son (sales down 55%) tumbles five places from No. 1 to No. 6.
The LEGO Movie Videogame slips two places to No. 7, South Park: The Stick of Truth steps down one place to No. 8, Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition is a non-mover at No. 9, and Battlefield 4 is up three places to No. 10. Elsewhere, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls falls from No. 6 to No. 37, while Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Complete Edition appears at No. 29.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) FIFA 14 (EA)
- 2.) The Elder Scrolls Online (Bethesda Softworks) [New]
- 3.) Titanfall (EA)
- 4.) Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
- 5.) Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Konami)
- 6.) inFamous: Second Son (Sony)
- 7.) The LEGO Movie Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 8.) South Park: The Stick of Truth (Ubisoft)
- 9.) Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft Studios)
- 10.) Battlefield 4 (EA)
- 11.) Plants VS Zombies: Garden Warfare (EA)
- 12.) Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Ubisoft)
- 13.) Thief (Square Enix)
- 14.) Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar Games)
- 15.) LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 16.) Dark Souls 2 (Bandai Namco)
- 17.) Rayman Legends (Ubisoft)
- 18.) Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Nintendo)
- 19.) Need For Speed: Rivals (EA)
- 20.) Final Fantasy X/X2 HD Remaster (Square Enix)
You can read last week’s UK Software Sales Chart over here.
Source: Chart Track