Rockstar details upcoming GTA Online updates, Heist missions coming soonWritten by: / / No Comments
One of the most appealing aspects of Grand Theft Auto Online is its dynamic nature due to regular content updates and tweaks from developer Rockstar. The studio recently outlined some of the major new features headed to GTA Online over the next few months which include three separate updates: Capture Creator, The High Life Update, and Heists.
The first of these is out as early as next week and allows the Creator community to make their own original Capture Jobs. Players will be able to strategically place pick-ups, define weaponry, set location, and tweak many other variables to make a unique Capture Job for other users to undertake. Meanwhile, The High Life Update adds new Jobs and high-end apartment options, a new weapon, fresh wardrobe items and vehicles along with the introduction of multi-property ownership. Another new feature introduced by this update is the Mental State player statistic which allows you to see how “passive or psychotically unhinged” other players in your session are.
The final update is due out later this quarter and adds Heist missions to GTA Online. You can team up with Crew members or random players to pull off heists in this cooperative mode, and Rockstar promises that more details will be shared in the coming months.
Besides these major updates, the developer also outlined some of the smaller changes that will be made to GTA Online via upcoming patches and dynamic tuning. Here’s the full list:
- The addition of a ‘Non-Contact’ option for Races. This will allow you to play standard Races with collisions disabled between player vehicles. Other players will appear as semi-transparent and you’ll still be able to collide with non-player traffic, structures and other scenery, but this mode – for those who want to play it – will eliminate the “rubbing is racing” mentality that some wish to avoid.
- Players will be able to call Lester and have him tell his cop buddies to turn a blind eye to any crime you may or may not be committing for a short period of time.
- As a reward for players who leave feedback on Jobs, there will be some bonus RP granted every time a player likes or dislikes content after playing it.
- GTA$ payouts will be increased when completing Parachute, Races, Deathmatches and LTS Jobs with less than 4 players.
- As part of our ongoing commitment to target cheaters and keep the game as fair as possible, we are closing RP exploits and will be adjusting the RP totals of players who we know for certain to have gained illegitimate RP by cheating. Your RP will only be adjusted if you participated in mods, hacks, DNS redirects, manipulation of cloud files, or other similarly nefarious behavior. If you grinded short legitimate missions or otherwise gained a small amount of RP without modding, your RP should not be affected by this correction.
- We’ll be fixing the issue where players who had upgraded personal vehicles prior to Title Update 1.10 were only able to sell them for $10,000.
Head over here for El33tonline’s previous coverage of GTA Online for a full history of updates and changes made to this hugely popular component of Grand Theft Auto V.
Source: Rockstar Newswire