Media Create Japanese Software Sales for week ending March 23rd: Mario Party: Island Tour tops the chartWritten by: / / No Comments
It’s good to see so many new releases on the latest Media Create software chart following a series of very quiet weeks. There are no less than fourteen new entries featured on this week’s top twenty software chart consisting of nine separate games. Nintendo’s multiplayer-centric mini-game compilation Mario Party: Island Tour took top honours with 132 668 copies sold during its first four days at retail while the PS3 versions of Samurai Warriors 4 and Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes weren’t too far behind.
Dark Souls II’s sales plummeted by 85% week over week meaning that it slipped from first place to tenth position within a matter of seven days. The only other returning title to remain in the top ten is Level-5′s new IP Youkai Watch that appears to be benefiting from the ongoing anime TV series by the same name which originally aired at the beginning of this year in Japan.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- [NEW] Mario Party: Island Tour (Nintendo) – 3DS – 132 668
- [NEW] Samurai Warriors 4 (Koei Tecmo) – PS3 – 120 452
- [NEW] Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Konami) – PS3 – 119 615
- [NEW] J-Stars Victory Vs (Bandai Namco Games) – PS3 – 118 240
- [NEW] J-Stars Victory Vs (Bandai Namco Games) – PS Vita – 97 821
- [NEW] Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Konami) – PS4 – 91 903
- [NEW] Pro Baseball Spirits 2014 (Konami) – PS3 – 63 898
- Youkai Watch (Level-5) – 3DS – 44 659
- [NEW] Samurai Warriors 4 (Koei Tecmo) – PS Vita – 39 597
- Dark Souls II (From Software) – PS3 – 37 285
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create