This Wolfenstein collector’s edition is impressive, but it doesn’t include the gameWritten by: / / 6 Comments
Bethesda Softworks has announced a $100 Wolfenstein collector’s edition to mark the launch of The New Order in May, and while its content is impressive it seems to be missing the game from the collection of memorabilia.
Called the ‘Wolfenstein: The New Order Panzerhund Edition,’ Bethesda says that only 5000 of this special collector’s item will be made, all numbered to show you which one you’ve got, and includes a host of great World War II themed items such as:
- A vintage footlocker-style box with a stamped number plate right above the antiqued clasp
- A classified folder containing 11 classified documents (an assortment of maps, case files, and even an x-ray)
- A set of 14 full-color weathered-looking postcards of the game’s alternate history, bound in a display book
- A set of three high-quality, embroidered patches
- A box containing custom molded replica dog tags, looped and knotted on twine string
- An exclusive Steelbook
- An 8″ articulated Panzerhund statue (made of high quality vinyl material – PVC and ABS – the statue is hand painted, includes a base, and strikes a surprisingly menacing pose for a scaled-down replica)
… But no game. Bethesda says that this offer will let you pre-order Wolfenstein: The New Order at your local retailer separately so that the publisher “can ship these boxes worldwide and you’re not stuck waiting for your game to come along with an oversized, expensively shipped box.” Does that sound like a good reason to you?
Wolfenstein Collector’s Edition – Photos
The announcement of this special collector’s item follows on the back of an updated launch date for Wolfenstein: The New Order in Europe and South Africa – Wolfenstein: The New Order will now be out on May 20th around the world across Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
If you need to find out more about this action-packed first-person shooter, don’t miss El33tonline’s past and continued Wolfenstein coverage for loads of screenshots and additional trailers, as well as our E3 2013 hands-on preview and another look at the game from gamescom 2013.
Don’t forget that if you pre-order The New Order, you’ll gain access to the upcoming beta test for id Software’s next DOOM game. There’s no way to know when that beta will become available, but at least you’ll be ready to get the first peek at what id Software has been working on for the last few years.
Source: Bethesda Store