Titanfall patch arrives with bug fixes, balance improvements and tweaksWritten by: / / No Comments
EA and Respawn’s Titanfall has remained surprisingly stable since its release earlier this month, and other than a few initial problems on launch day, players on Xbox One and PC have generally been able to remain connected online to continue calling in those gigantic mechanical beasts in order to lay waste to anyone who challenges their battle prowess.
That scenario usually ends up with a panicked ejection from the seat of your titan, but it’s always fun while it lasts.
To make sure the fun continues to last, Respawn has set a Titanfall patch live on the server-side of things to balance and tweak a few values, while improving other elements and squashing bugs like so many little military grunts skittering across the ground. Look through the server patch notes for Titanfall below and see what Respawn has massaged into the game:
Titanfall Patch Details – 21 March 2014
Titanfall Patch – Balancing adjustments and general changes
– The damage indicator from Electric Smoke is now much more noticeable
– Search Drones will now show up in Classic Modes of Angel City
– Arc grenade/mine effects no longer draw on friendly Pilots and Titans
– Lowered the point value of defensive actions in Hardpoint mode and CTF.
– Increased the score limit in Attrition
– Flag Return points reduced
– Flag Carrier killed points reduced
– Explosives detonated by Dead Man’s Trigger are now slightly delayed
– Explosives detonated by Dead Man’s Trigger now play a warning sound before exploding
– Slightly decreased the damage of the Smart Pistol when not locked onto a Pilot
– Slightly decreased the hip-fire accuracy of the Smart Pistol
– Certain Burn Cards could be exploited to give multiple uses
– Evac Dropships are now more responsive to Pilots entering them
– Hacking a Mega Turret will now restore it’s health to full
– Cluster Missiles damage reduced against Evac Dropships
Titanfall Patch – Bug Fixes
– Titan could become stuck in the position he lands in
– Auto-Titan wouldn’t stand up until you embarked into it
– Several rare server issues restarting the game in to the lobby
– Pilot could end up out of bounds while rodeoing a Titan as it is destroyed
– Pilot could warp through certain locations when jumping off a Titan
– Rodeoing a Titan that has been doomed by your SMR could kill you
– Players being able to enter some geometry in Smuggler’s Cove
– Titanfall will now give proper kill credit when it kills a Pilot embarking into their Titan
– Minions in Attrition now continue to spawn until the Epilogue begins
– Player couldn’t hack a Mega Turret console
– Server would sometimes error when leeching a Spectre
– Hardpoints sometimes awarded defense score to players not near the hardpoint
– Rare issue when ejecting from a Titan
– Server would sometimes error after a match while returning to the lobby
– Double XP burn card sometimes not being applied properly
Titanfall is out now (in certain regions) around the world on Xbox One and PC, with a release on Xbox 360 to follow on April 8th in North America and starting April 11th in European regions after this version of the game was once again delayed.
Have you read El33tonline’s Titanfall review to find out what to expect from the first-person multiplayer shooter? It’s quite outstanding.