Media Create Japanese Software Sales for week ending March 16th: Dark Souls II dominatesWritten by: / / No Comments
The latest Media Create software chart is all about Dark Souls II which was the only new release this week and consequently dominated the rest of the field. Interestingly, developer From Software also publishes the game in Japan whereas this duty is performed by Namco Bandai in other parts of the world. The Xbox 360 version of Dark Souls II only managed fourteenth place with 5 950 copies sold despite boasting higher frame rates (and a higher Metacritic score) than its PS3 counterpart. The original Dark Souls sold 279 567 copies during its debut week in Japan so its sequel isn’t too far off from achieving a similar figure.
Eighth placed Pokémon X and Y is now just 5 000 copies short of crossing the magical 4 million units sold mark so by this time next week it will most definitely have notched up this impressive tally.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- [NEW] Dark Souls II (From Software) – PS3 – 255 197
- Youkai Watch (Level-5) – 3DS – 37 247
- Dragon Quest Monsters 2 (Square Enix) – 3DS – 18 728
- Soul Sacrifice Delta (Sony Computer Entertainment) – PS Vita – 17 357
- Harvest Moon: Linking The New World (Marvelous AQL) – 3DS – 15 883
- Fossil Fighters: Infinite Gear (Nintendo) – 3DS – 13 362
- Kirby: Triple Deluxe (Nintendo) – 3DS – 12 225
- Pokémon X and Y (Pokemon Co.) – 3DS – 10 106
- Yakuza: Ishin! (Sega) – PS3 – 10 034
- Grand Theft Auto V (Take-Two Interactive Japan) – PS3 – 7 910
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create