Day One inFamous: Second Son patch detailed, 5 hours of extra content addedWritten by: / / 4 Comments
The verdict is out and it’s very good indeed: While inFamous: Second Son may not be absolutely perfect, it’s a brilliant showcase of the PlayStation 4’s abilities, and the talent of Sucker Punch, and is more than a worthy addition to your PS4 collection.
Don’t trust those words above? Then maybe you’ll trust Tom’s inFamous: Second Son review. He says the game features “beautiful visuals, fluid controls and an engaging narrative,” and that’s not even the whole of it!
In a day one inFamous: Second Son patch, however, developer Sucker Punch aims to add even more things to do in and around the city of Seattle with a reported extra five hours of content, for free, with nineteen new missions to complete while discovering the other side of the story behind the game’s antagonistic faction, the DUP. This new content will be delivered over the next six weeks and will appear directly in the game.
The patch is said to weigh in at 300MB, and in addition to the extra ‘Paper Trail’ missions contains a few improvements for the game overall – find out what’s included in the first inFamous: Second Son patch in the full notes below:
Full inFamous: Second Son 1.01 Patch Notes:
Cole’s Legacy Content Pack
– FREE with pre-order
– Explore the events immediately following inFAMOUS 2
– Work with an investigative reporter to understand the source of conduit powers
– 4 story missions, approximately 1 hour of gameplay
inFAMOUS Paper Trail Storyline
– FREE bonus missions and exclusive web content
– Innovative online and in-game story arc co-developed by Sucker Punch and 42 Entertainment
– Manga and murder, follow the trail of origami doves to discover the full story behind the D.U.P.’s occupation of Seattle.
– 19 story missions and corresponding web-based investigations, approximately 5 hours of unique gameplay.
– Normal difficulty has been slightly increased to challenge the player’s mastery of their powers
– Expert difficulty has been fine-tuned to ensure it is the best experience for skilled gamers
– Karma progression extended to support longer playtime
– The boss fights have been re-tuned for difficulty and fun
– More dynamic boss behaviors and attacks
Pedestrians and DUPs
– Engine performance tweaks to allow for more life and activity in the city
– Increased pedestrian and traffic density and variety
– Increased pedestrian-related karmic opportunities
– Post-story enemy activity and D.U.P. raids
– Graphics and performance improvements
– Fixes for a small number of infrequent blocking bugs
– PSN integration to support Paper Trail DLC