UK Software Chart: Titanfall crushes Dark Souls’ No. 1 hopes during week of March 15thWritten by: / / 9 Comments
As expected, Titanfall has become the new No. 1 on Chart Track’s UK Software Sales listing this week, becoming the biggest release of 2014 so far in the region.
Chart Track notes that EA now holds the first and second positions for best-selling games of the year as Titanfall “more than doubles” the sales of FIFA 14 in 2014, which until last week remained the best performer overall. Chart Track also reveals that Xbox One hardware sales were helped with the launch of Titanfall, jumping 96% on the back of the Titanfall bundle offer which accounted for over 70% of Xbox One consoles sold this past week.
Dark Souls 2, meanwhile, appears at No. 2 during its first week on sale in the UK enjoying a 20% boost in launch week sales compared to the original Dark Souls in late 2011.
Elsewhere on the chart, South Park: The Stick of Truth (sales down 47%) slips down two places to No. 3, The LEGO Movie Videogame (sales down 31%) is a non-mover at No. 4, Thief (sales down 63%) steps down three places to No. 5, and FIFA 14 (sales down 31%) loses one position and moves to No. 6.
Plants VS Zombies: Garden Warfare (sales down 41%) drops from No. 3 to No. 7, and a two-place shift cascade begins as Call of Duty: Ghosts (sales down 18%) moves to No. 8, Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (sales down 9%) skips to No. 9, and Battlefield 4 (sales down 29%) appears at No. 10. Another debut title, Yoshi’s New Island, shows up at No. 12 during its first week on sale.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) Titanfall (EA) [New]
- 2.) Dark Souls 2 (Bandai Namco) [New]
- 3.) South Park: The Stick of Truth (Ubisoft)
- 4.) The LEGO Movie Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 5.) Thief (Square Enix)
- 6.) FIFA 14 (EA)
- 7.) Plants VS Zombies: Garden Warfare (EA)
- 8.) Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
- 9.) Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft Studios)
- 10.) Battlefield 4 (EA)
- 11.) Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Ubisoft)
- 12.) Yoshi’s New Island (Nintendo) [New]
- 13.) LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 14.) Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar Games)
- 15.) Aliens: Colonial Marines (SEGA)
- 16.) Rayman Legends (Ubisoft)
- 17.) Forza Motorsport 5 (Microsoft Studios)
- 18.) Need For Speed: Rivals (EA)
- 19.) Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (Bandai Namco)
- 20.) Killzone: Shadow Fall (Sony)
You can read last week’s UK Software Sales Chart over here.
Source: Chart Track