UK Software Chart: South Park hits Thief with a Stick of Truth during week of March 8thWritten by: / / 8 Comments
Unfortunately for Square Enix, Thief was only able to enjoy a single week at the top of Chart Track’s UK Software Sales listing because South Park: The Stick of Truth has arrived to claim the top spot.
Chart Track notes that 53% of South Park’s sales were seen on Xbox 360, with 41% on PlayStation 3 and the remaining 6% on PC – it’s the first RPG, Chart Track says, to hit No. 1 on debut since Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch last year!
Thief sales, meanwhile, are down 48% compared to the week previous ensuring it’s move to No. 2 this week, while Plants VS Zombies: Garden Warfare (sales down 1%) is up one place to No. 3. The LEGO Movie Videogame (sales down 31%) is down two spots to No. 4 this week, FIFA 14 (sales down 21%) also drops down two places to No. 5, and Call of Duty: Ghosts (sales down 23%) is down to No. 6 from No. 5 last week.
Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (sales up 3%) steps up a place to No. 7, Battlefield 4 (sales down 29%) slips two places to No. 8, LEGO Marvel Superheroes (sales down 24%) shifts to No. 9 from No. 7, and Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (sales down 16%) rounds out the Top Ten. Elsewhere on the chart, Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures debuts at No. 21.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) South Park: The Stick of Truth [New]
- 2.) Thief (Square Enix)
- 3.) Plants VS Zombies: Garden Warfare (EA)
- 4.) The LEGO Movie Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 5.) FIFA 14 (EA)
- 6.) Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
- 7.) Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft Studios)
- 8.) Battlefield 4 (EA)
- 9.) LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 10.) Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Ubisoft)
- 11.) Rayman Legends (Ubisoft)
- 12.) Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar Games)
- 13.) Need For Speed: Rivals (EA)
- 14.) Aliens: Colonial Marines (SEGA)
- 15.) WWE 2K14 (2K Sports)
- 16.) Forza Motorsport 5 (Microsoft Studios)
- 17.) Batman: Arkham Origins (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 18.) LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 19.) Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Square Enix)
- 20.) Gran Turismo 6 (SCE)
You can read last week’s UK Software Sales Chart over here.
Source: Chart Track