UK Software Chart: LEGO remains at No.1 with a star performance during week of February 22ndWritten by: / / 2 Comments
Thanks to a 7% sales boost on the back of the release of the movie, The LEGO Movie Videogame remains at No. 1 on Chart Track’s UK Software sales listing this week ahead of heavyweights like FIFA 14 and Call of Duty: Ghosts, while Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze debuts on the chart in a respectable position.
FIFA 14 (sales up 22% thanks to a sales promotion), moves up two places to No. 2, followed by Call of Duty: Ghosts (sales down 23%) which shifts down one place to No. 3. Battlefield 4 (sales up 15% also thanks to a price promotion) leaps three spots to No. 4, with LEGO Marvel Super Heroes stepping up a single place to No. 5.
Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition is also up three places, from No. 9 to No. 6, Grand Theft Auto V is down two spots to No. 7, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag is a non-mover at No. 8, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze shows up at No. 9 during its first week on sale. Rounding out the Top Ten is Rayman Legends, which enjoys a massive 299% sales boost on the back of the game’s release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, zooming up to No. 10 from No. 33 the week previous.
Another new game entered the charts this week in the form of Rambo: The Video Game, which debuted at No. 21. Chart Track additionally notes that there are no less than nine LEGO themed games in the top forty, after five of Traveller’s Tales games managed to squeeze themselves into the listing last week. Combined revenue for the nine titles has reached in excess of £145 million in the UK alone:
“LEGO as a brand stands at No. 10 in the UK revenue all-time Brands analysis, during the period 1995-2013,” writes Chart Track.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) The LEGO Movie Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 2.) FIFA 14 (EA)
- 3.) Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
- 4.) Battlefield 4 (EA)
- 5.) LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 6.) Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft Studios)
- 7.) Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar Games)
- 8.) Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Ubisoft)
- 9.) Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze (Nintendo) [New]
- 10.) Rayman Legends (Ubisoft)
- 11.) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix)
- 12.) Need For Speed: Rivals (EA)
- 13.) NBA 2K14 (Take 2)
- 14.) WWE 2K14 (2K Sports)
- 15.) Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Square Enix)
- 16.) Gran Turismo 6 (SCE)
- 17.) LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 18.) LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Sage (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 19.) Aliens: Colonial Marines (SEGA)
- 20.) Killzone: Shadow Fall (SCE)
You can read last week’s UK Software Sales Chart over here.
Source: Chart Track