Media Create Japanese Software Sales for week ending February 16th: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze makes disappointing debutWritten by: / / No Comments
This week’s Media Create software chart is once again topped by Dragon Quest Monsters 2 which, like many best-selling 3DS exclusives, shows no sign of slowing down as it surges past half a million copies sold. Meanwhile, Nintendo’s latest Wii U exclusive Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze sold just 35 717 copies on debut – putting it far behind its predecessor Donkey Kong Country Returns which shifted 163 310 copies during its first week of release.
Eight of the games in the top ten appear on 3DS which effectively demonstrates just how dominant the handheld is in Japan right now. On a related note, it will be very interesting to see which PS4 titles make next week’s chart following the console’s launch in the region this Saturday, February 22nd.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- Dragon Quest Monsters 2 (Square Enix) – 3DS – 118 427
- [NEW] Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Nintendo) – Wii U – 35 717
- [NEW] A-Train 3D (Artdink) – 3DS – 27 009
- Kirby: Triple Deluxe (Nintendo) – 3DS – 23 017
- Youkai Watch (Level-5) – 3DS – 22 230
- [NEW] Magi: A New World (Bandai Namco Games) – 3DS – 15 793
- PazuDora Z: Puzzle & Dragons Z (GungHo Online Entertainment) – 3DS – 15 462
- Puyo Puyo Tetris (Sega) – 3DS – 13 717
- Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost (Bandai Namco Games) – PS3 – 13 704
- Pokémon X & Y (Pokemon Co.) – 3DS – 12 750
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create