UK Software Chart: LEGO movies its way to No.1 during week of February 15thWritten by: / / 1 Comment
With two new entries to Chart Track’s UK Software Sales listing this week, chances were good that the stagnant status quo would be unsettled and that’s just what’s happened as The LEGO Movie Videogame and Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII hit the chart.
The LEGO Movie Videogame debuts at No. 1 on the chart this week, and according to Chart Track, sold 15 000 units more than the second-placed Call of Duty: Ghosts (which itself enjoyed a sales surge of 23%), remaining a non-mover this week. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII appears at No. 3 ahead of FIFA 14 (sales down 3%) after shifting from No. 1 last week to No. 4. Grand Theft Auto V (sales up 47%) steps up one place to No. 5 while LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (sales up 16%) swaps places with Rockstar’s behemoth.
Battlefield 4 (sales up 4%) is another non-mover at No. 7, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (sales up 47%) jumps two places to No. 8, Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (sales down 4%) is down one place to No. 9, and Fable Anniversary (sales down 56%) round out the Top Ten after tumbling down from No. 3.
Chart Track notes that there are no less than five LEGO themed games currently residing on the UK Top 40 this week, with LEGO Batman 2 at No. 19, LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga at No. 22 and LEGO Lord of the Rings at No 27 making up the rest of the titles.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
– 1.) The LEGO Movie Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive) [New]
– 2.) Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
– 3.) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix) [New]
– 4.) FIFA 14 (EA)
– 5.) Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar Games)
– 6.) LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive)
– 7.) Battlefield 4 (EA)
– 8.) Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Ubisoft)
– 9.) Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft Studios)
– 10.) Fable Anniversary (Microsoft Studios)
– 11.) Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Square Enix)
– 12.) Need For Speed: Rivals (EA)
– 13.) Killzone: Shadow Fall (SCE)
– 14.) Aliens: Colonial Marines (SEGA)
– 15.) Gran Turismo 6 (SCE)
– 16.) WWE 2K14 (2K Sports)
– 17.) NBA 2K14 (Take 2)
– 18.) Batman: Arkham Origins (Warner Bros. Interactive)
– 19.) LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive)
– 20.) Football Manager 2014 (SEGA)
You can read last week’s UK Software Sales Chart over here.
Source: Chart Track