Battlefield 4: Naval Strike DLC detailed, BF 2142 ‘Titan Mode’ returnsWritten by: / / No Comments
Battlefield 4′s third downloadable expansion pack, Naval Strike, has been fully detailed following news that the game’s second pack, Second Assault, will be available next week for Battlefield 4 Premium members – this time, it’s all about non-stop warfare on the high seas!
Battlefield 4: Naval Strike will include four new maps, all set out in the South China Sea and making use of the game’s impressive dynamic water-based battles with skirmishes taking place in and around crashed passenger planes, fishing villages and at least one tropical island, plus more:
“Drop a submarine on your foes as you infiltrate a naval base or rush between shipping docks and rocky islands on the massive Wave Breaker map,” writes EA. “Wage war across stormy seas in the largest ocean stretch in a Battlefield map yet with Nansha Strike. Storm an abandoned cliff-side resort, or get lost in the breathtaking vistas in Operation Mortar.”
Here’s what else you can expect from the Naval Strike DLC in March:
- 4 all-new multiplayer maps set in the South China Sea: Lost Islands, Nansha Strike, Wave Breaker & Operation Mortar
- 5 weapons all-new to Battlefield 4
- Introducing the amphibious hovercraft vehicle
- 2 additional gadgets: 3GL (3 grenade launcher) attachment for the Assault class Anti-Heli Mine; an aircraft disabling projectile for the Engineer class
- Carrier Assault game mode which is a re-imagining of the classic Battlefield 2142 Titan Mode
- 10 new assignments with unlocks for each
That re-imagining of the ‘Titan Mode’ from Battlefield 2142 sounds intriguing – how do you think this will play out in Battlefield 4?