Microsoft offers details on Xbox One improvements coming in March, Party Chat and more addressedWritten by: / / 1 Comment
Following news of two discrete firmware updates coming to Xbox One in February and March, Microsoft has offered further details on what console owners can expect in next month’s hardware patch in terms of improvements to Party Chat, your Friends List and multiplayer in general.
Posting on Xbox Wire, Microsoft’s Marc Whitten wrote that, even though a new firmware update is expected in February the team is “already looking ahead to March,” continuing:
“We’ve prided ourselves on having the best multiplayer service for Xbox 360 and we’ve listened to your feedback about the features you want to see on Xbox One and Xbox Live. We’ve heard your feedback and the team has been working overtime to deliver updates that will significantly improve the multiplayer and party experience on Xbox One.”
What can Xbox One owners expect to see improved in March? It’s a powerful list:
- Get to your friends list faster. The friends list will be front and center on the homepage of the Friends app. Click the Social tile on Home, or say “Xbox, go to Friends” to see who’s online and what they’re up to. From there you can quickly send messages and get into a party.
- Party chat will be turned on by default. When you party up, chat audio will be turned on by default.
- Chat with friends playing different games. Party chat will be separated from people playing your game, so you can chat with your friends who are online or you can chat with everyone playing the game.
- “Invite friends to game” option to your multiplayer titles moving forward. Similar to Xbox 360 titles, this will appear inside a games’ menu and offer a simple and quicker way to set up your multiplayer battles. Selecting “Invite friends” will let you invite friends to your game and party.
- “Recent Players.” This is a simple list that shows you Xbox Live members you’ve recently played with, making it easier to stay in touch with people, or add new friends after your multiplayer battles.
The team hopes to have the March update out before Titanfall drops over the week of March 11th, but with the delay of February’s Xbox One firmware from today, February 11th, until later this week, we’re expecting it to arrive late March.
Which of these updates are you most looking forward to? Have you run into issues related to Party Chat and navigation that Microsoft looks to be addressing with this upcoming hardware patch?