The 13GB Dead Rising 3 patch has been detailed, first DLC is out todayWritten by: / / 1 Comment
Remember that 13GB update for Dead Rising 3 (how could we forget?)? Since the news of the patch, Microsoft and Capcom have officially revealed what the game’s owners can expect to see in the massive download, with new details on the first set of downloadable content, Operation Broken Eagle along with a fresh trailer.
First of all, what’s included in the update that makes it quite so large?
Executive producer Josh Bridge says that a lot of the fixes and improvements that Capcom is bringing to Dead Rising 3 are in reaction to fan response to the game, and after the patch it’ll be easier to pick up an exact item that you want out of dozens of weapons and food that litters the floor. Achievements and trials related to blueprints and the in-game points system weren’t unlocking properly under certain circumstances, so that has also been addressed.
Bridge says that performance and stability issues have also been looked at to “tighten the gameplay experience” and “make everything that much smoother.” Impulse Trigger support has also been added to let you know if you’re nearing the end of a clip of your current weapon, for example.
Here’s the full list of fixes introduced with the patch:
– Content for DLC episodes 3 and 4 added as part of this CU.
– Various Stability Fixes.
– Various Performance Improvements.
– Online Stability improvements.
– Added a progress bar to main menu while installer is running.
– Fixed an issue which could allow the user to overwrite their save file during streaming install while the game is booted.
– Fix for missing English VUI command in Multiplayer menu.
– Some improvements to item pickups.
– Fixed a reproducible issue where the player could get out of the world.
– Fixed an issue where music wasn’t present during the streaming install.
– Fixed some mission scripting issues.
– Fixed an issue which could cause some co-op players to not progress blueprint collection achievements correctly.
– Fixed an issue where the UI was not updating properly.
– Fixed an issue which caused glass textures to appear low-res.
– Fixed an issue which could cause shadows to render incorrectly.
– Fixed a texture issue with the Golden SledgeSaw weapon.
– SmartGlass stability fix.
Operation Broken Eagle
The patch doesn’t just include these improvements, though, because the download will also get you ready for Dead Rising 3’s first downloadable content, Operation Broken Eagle, while ensuring compatibility with online players despite the fact that the DLC is solo only.
Let’s take a look at the content with that fresh trailer:
Dead Rising 3 – Operation Broken Eagle DLC Trailer
The Operation Broken Eagle DLC for Dead Rising 3 is out today, January 21st, for £7.99. and is the first of our add-ons that tell the extended tale of Los Perdidos from different perspectives as the city plunges into zombie chaos.
According to Bridge, there is no co-operative play in Operation Broken Eagle and is instead singleplayer focussed, but the weapons and vehicles from the DLC can be brought back into the main game and used with a friend online.
Source: Xbox Wire