Latest Battlefield 4 patch is a PC-only affair, stability and memory leaks addressedWritten by: / / 1 Comment
As promised by the development team last week, DICE has begun to continue its roll-out of multiplatform patches for Battlefield 4 today, starting with an update for the PC version of the game.
The latest patch (available now) fixes memory leak issues, improves general stability and tweaks a few elements for balancing purposes, while addressing camera problems, sound glitches and more – get the full patch notes for this latest update below:
Battlefield 4 – January 13th PC Game Update Notes
- Various fixes for improving general stability
- Fixed a memory leak issue occurring after level shutdowns, which could result in a out-of-memory crash in longer play sessions
- Additional fix for the “sound loop” deadlock when running High/Ultra graphics settings
- Added a warning for using Legacy AMD drivers that were out of date
- Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done
- Fixed a bug where players’ rank icons on the scoreboard would not be updated
- Fix for Asian users unable to start Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 on Windows 8.1
- Normalized repair rates across all vehicles.
- Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt)
- Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members
- Fixed a bug where a Main Battle Tank Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver’s camera
- Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons.
- Stealth Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other. F35 & J-20 are slightly more agile, Su-50 is less agile.
- Attack Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other, and all 3 are now slightly less agile than earlier
- Fixed camera glitch when switching weapons while moving in crouch
- Fixed an occasional bug where players could experience intermittent engine sound dropouts when driving wheeled IFVs
- Fix for player spawning under the map when deploying on Lancang Dam
- Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rogue Transmission and Operation Locker
Are you still muscling through the issues you’ve experienced in Battlefield 4 or waiting until the game is patched into a more ready state?
Have you seen drastic improvements since the game’s launch in 2013?