Famitsu Japanese Software Sales for week ending January 5th: Pokémon X & Y back on topWritten by: / / 1 Comment
Games for Nintendo systems once again dominated the latest Japanese software chart, with Pokémon X & Y selling a mammoth 152 888 copies to take its lifetime sales in the region to over four million units.
Meanwhile, New Super Mario Bros. U made the top ten for a second week in a row, selling just a few thousand copies less than the far more recent Super Mario 3D World.
Both versions of Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster also managed to retain a spot on the chart whereas the latest entry in the series – Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII – wasn’t even able to earn a place in the top thirty best-selling software titles of the past week.
Here are the ten top performing titles during the latest sales period:
- Pokémon X & Y (Pokemon Co.) – 3DS – 152 888
- PazuDora Z: Puzzle & Dragons Z (GungHo Online Entertainment) – 3DS – 151 806
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Nintendo) – 3DS – 68 578
- Wii Party U (Nintendo) – Wii U – 66 708
- Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo) – Wii U – 60 397
- New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo) – Wii U – 56 372
- Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster (Square Enix) – PS3 – 50 033
- Monster Hunter 4 (Capcom) – 3DS – 48 622
- Battle For Money Sentouchuu: Densetsu no Shinobi no Survival Battle! (Namco Bandai Games) – 3DS – 41 317
- Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster: Twin Pack (Square Enix) – PS Vita – 35 481
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.