New Xbox One system update now available, addresses multiple issuesWritten by: / / No Comments
Xbox spokesman Major Nelson has announced that the Xbox One’s first post-launch system update is now available to download. The new firmware addresses a number of issues including those related to SmartGlass, multiplayer connectivity and dashboard performance.
Here are the patch notes in full:
• Addresses SmartGlass issues for some users when coming in and out of connected standby
• Addresses multiplayer issues for some users when re-joining games
• Addresses issues with inconsistent notifications for some users
• Addresses dashboard performance for some users
• Offers improvements for Xbox One’s TV, system update, and content update services for scaling over time
• Updated wireless networking driver to improve connectivity issues for some users
The new system update is now available for all users who have enabled the Xbox One’s ‘Instant On’ functionality which allows the console to download firmware in the background while maintaining a low power state. Users who don’t have Instant On enabled will have to download the manual update which will be released tomorrow, December 12th.
Major Nelson also revealed that “quite a few” updates are planned for next year based on the community feedback Microsoft has been receiving. More details on these firmware patches will be released in the coming months.
Source: Major Nelson’s Blog