Battlefield 4 gets new PC patch and server updates to address crashes and moreWritten by: / / 1 Comment
DICE continues to set a blazing patch release pace and after sending out title updates for PlayStation and Xbox platforms recently, a brand new update has been set live for PC players, while also updating the servers.
Find the full patch notes for the PC and server updates below:
Battlefield 4 – December 9th PC Game Update Notes
- Shot behind cover when changing stance
“Sometimes the character stance could get into a multiple frame desync and be part of the problem where you got shot even though your character was actually behind cover. This would mostly affect players doing transitions into crouch and prone as well as moving when crouched. The impact was smaller in a standing stance. This bug fix eliminates this particular desync issue.”
“We have also increased the camera height when crouching and moving to more accurately reflect the actual height of your soldier in that stance (the first person camera was too low when crouching and moving, resulting in that you had a poor representation of how much of your soldier that was actually out of cover.)”
- Fixed one of the most frequently occurring client crashes
- Fixed broken collision on containers with open doors. The bug previously made grenades bounce back even though the doors were open.
- Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win the round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb, if the bomb was disarmed in the previous round.
- Miscellaneous stability fixes further reducing the number of client crashes
- Fixed side gunner jitter when aiming in attack boats & transport helicopters
- Fixed some instances of frame rate drops when shooting at large Levolution objects after they have been destroyed (like the radar dish on Rogue Transmission)
- Fixed broken aiming for passengers on the China Rising dirt bike
- Fixed a bug where the sound when capturing a flag was not playing correctly
- Removed a bug that would double save during MP round transition and SP level transition. This fix will reduce the occurrence of corrupted save files.
Battlefield 4 – December 9th R15 Server Update Notes
- Various server side crash fixes, including the top seen crashes on R14
- Activated the reservedSlotsList.aggressiveJoin command that enables VIP players and server administrators directly joining full servers
- Client patch compatibility to make servers compatible with the Dec 09 client update
Anything in there that you’ve been waiting for? Anything the console players need in future updates?