Media Create Japanese Software Sales for week ending December 1st: Hatsune Miku struts her stuff in top spotWritten by: / / No Comments
There’s no denying the star power of Japanese vocaloid Hatsune Miku as the 3DS rhythm game Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2 slid into top spot on this week’s Media Create software chart. The game was followed closely by Pokémon X & Y which sold a further 86 391 copies to take its overall tally in Japan to 3.09 million.
Also new this week is the latest instalment in Tecmo Koei’s popular Dynasty Warriors series, while Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag sets sail in sixth place.
Last week’s new entries Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII and Super Mario 3D World retain a place in the top four despite their sales slipping by 78% and 60% respectively week over week.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- [NEW] Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2 (Sega) – 3DS – 88 708
- Pokémon X & Y (Pokemon Co.) – 3DS – 86 391
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix) – PS3 – 60 073
- Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo) – Wii U – 39 812
- [NEW] Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends (Tecmo Koei) – PS3 – 35 472
- [NEW] Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Ubisoft) – PS3 – 35 348
- World Soccer Winning Eleven 2014 (Konami) – PS3 – 25 166
- One Piece: Unlimited World Red (Namco Bandai Games) – 3DS – 24 623
- [NEW] Super Robot Wars OG: Infinite Battle (Namco Bandai Games) – PS3 – 22 833
- Monster Hunter 4 (Capcom) – 3DS – 21 969
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create