UK Software Chart: PS4 breaks sales records and Call of Duty rules during week of November 30thWritten by: / / 1 Comment
This may be the software sales chart for the UK, but sales tracking firm Chart Track has taken a moment to reveal that Sony’s just-released home console, the PlayStation 4, managed to break an eight-year old sales record in the region previously set by Sony’s PSP, becoming the fastest selling console in the UK.
Chart Track additionally wrote that the launch week sales of the PS4 ‘eclipsed’ both the Xbox 360 and Xbox One during a similar timeframe.
Onto the software side of things, Call of Duty: Ghosts (sales up 33%) reclaims the No. 1 spot on the chart ahead of last week’s list topper, FIFA 14 (sales flat) at No. 2, while Battlefield 4 (sales up 85%) is a non-mover at No. 3, as debut title Killzone: Shadow Fall appears at No. 4 ahead of Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (sales up 19%), which steps down one place to No. 5.
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (sales up 39%) is another non-mover at No. 6, Grand Theft Auto V (sales up 92%) steps up one to No. 7, Need For Speed: Rivals (sales up 159%) shifts up from No. 13 to No. 8, Just Dance 2014 (sales up 127%) leaps five places to No. 9, and Batman: Arkham Origins (sales up 115%) slides into the Top Ten at No. 10 after an appearance at No. 16 last week on the back of a retailer promotion.
New titles this week include Knack, Super Mario 3D World, and Injustice: Gods Among Us: Ultimate Edition, which debut at No. 13, No. 14 and No. 38 respectively.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
- 2.) FIFA 14 (EA)
- 3.) Battlefield 4 (EA)
- 4.) Killzone: Shadow Fall (SCE) [New]
- 5.) Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Ubisoft)
- 6.) LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 7.) Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar Games)
- 8.) Need For Speed: Rivals (EA)
- 9.) Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft)
- 10.) Batman: Arkham Origins (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 11.) Skylanders: Swap Force (Activision)
- 12.) Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft Studios)
- 13.) Knack (SCE) [New]
- 14.) Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo) [New]
- 15.) Forza Motorsport 5 (Microsoft)
- 16.) Disney Infinity (Disney Interactive)
- 17.) The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Nintendo)
- 18.) Dead Rising 3 (Capcom)
- 19.) Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
- 20.) Football Manager 2014 (SEGA)
You can read last week’s UK Software Sales Chart over here.
Source: Chart Track