If the Double Dragon series is high up on your list of top arcade games then you’ll undoubtedly be pleased to learn that DotEmu is bringing Double Dragon Trilogy to iOS and Android devices later this year. The compilation includes Double Dragon, Double Dragon 2: The Revenge, and Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone and stars brothers Billy and Jimmy Lee as they do what they do best – bust kneecaps and crack skulls.
Here’s the full list of features you can expect from the final game according to DotEmu’s press release:
• Two game modes: “Arcade” (play the game from beginning to end and go for the high score) and “Story” (unlock new stages and achievements while playing through the game)
• Customisable controls
• Three difficulty levels: “mobile” (specially balanced for mobile games), “original” (similar to the arcade version) and “expert” (a real challenge!)
• Achievements & leaderboards via Game Center and Google Play Game Service
• Choose between the original 8-bit soundtrack and a brand-new remastered one!
• Co-op mode (two players) via Bluetooth
• Gamepad support: compatible with most Android controllers and soon with most iOS controllers too
Are you looking forward to playing Double Dragon Trilogy over the holidays? Let us know in the comments.