EA and DICE have already outlined an extensive downloadable content plan for Battlefield 4, with no less than five expansions due for release from the launch of the game this week until mid-2014.
Thanks to the uncovering of the game’s content calendar for Premium members, it’s been revealed that the first set of DLC for Battlefield 4, China Rising, will be available to download for these subscribers on December 3rd, a full two weeks before the content is available for everybody else.
It’s also expected that those who pre-ordered Battlefield 4 to receive access to China Rising will get these additional maps at the same time as Premium members, but this is not yet confirmed. Here’s how China Rising has previously been described:
“In this sprawling expansion, players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland in four massive multiplayer maps, using all-new vehicles and high-tech military equipment.”
The full line-up of upcoming Battlefield 4 DLC has previously been outlined – here’s what you can expect from now until next year:
- Battlefield 4 Second Assault – Includes four fan-favourite Battlefield 3 maps now re-imagined with the power of Frostbite 3. Available first on Xbox One.
- Battlefield 4 China Rising – Players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland. Available December 2013.
- Battlefield 4 Naval Strike – Experience dynamic ocean combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea. Available Spring 2014
- Battlefield 4 Dragon’s Teeth – The US strikes back engaging in all-out urban warfare. Available Summer 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Final Stand – Bring the war to its epic conclusion. Available Summer 2014.
Will you be picking up Battlefield 4 today and this week?
Also don’t miss our previous exclusive interview with Daniel Matros who spoke about changing careers from a community manager, his favourite feature of Battlefield 4 so far, and lots more besides, as well as another interview with Matros about Call of Duty comparisons and how community feedback shaped Battlefield 4.