Despite the launch of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y this past weekend, Grand Theft Auto V has managed to conquer Chart Track’s UK Software Sales listing for the second time after being bumped down by FIFA 14 the week prior.
GTA V sales dropped by 53%, but that was still enough to compete at the top of the chart as FIFA 14 (sales down 66%) slips to No. 2 from No. 1 last week. Pokemon X and Pokemon Y debut at No. 3 and No. 4 respectively, but keep in mind that the games officially only had a single day to make an impression on the chart having released on October 12th, the last day that sales are considered for inclusion in Chart Track’s list.
According to Chart Track, sales of Pokemon X and Y combined are roughly double those of Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 during the debut week of those games, which is all the more impressive considering their 3DS-only nature.
Beyond: Two Souls appears on the chart at No. 5, which is a less eventful debut than developer Quantic Dream’s previous game, Heavy Rain, which launched at No. 1 in the UK in 2010. Finally, Dragon’s Crown is the other debut title this week, showing up at No. 19.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar Games)
- 2.) FIFA 14 (EA Sports)
- 3.) Pokemon X (Nintendo) [NEW]
- 4.) Pokemon Y (Nintendo) [NEW]
- 5.) Beyond: Two Souls (SCE) [NEW]
- 6.) F1 2013 (Codemasters)
- 7.) Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft)
- 8.) Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft Studios)
- 9.) Disney Infinity (Disney Interactive)
- 10.) The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Nintendo)
- 11.) Saints Row IV (Deep Silver)
- 12.) LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 13.) NBA 2K14 (2K Sports)
- 14.) Max Payne 3 (Rockstar Games)
- 15.) PES 2014 (Konami)
- 16.) Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Ubisoft)
- 17.) Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
- 18.) Animal Cross: New Leaf (Nintendo)
- 19.) Dragon’s Crown (NIS) [NEW]
- 20.) The Last of Us (SCE)
You can read last week’s UK Software Sales Chart over here.
Source: Chart Track