The Battlefield 4 beta is also going through issues, DICE seeks to stomp them outWritten by: / / 2 Comments
As explained in the recently released trailer for the exclusive Battlefield 4 multiplayer beta, the currently-on-the-go online taster isn’t entirely representative of the final game and if you’re playing, you can expect to see what we in the industry call by the technical term, ‘funnies.’
‘Funnies’ could take the form of graphical errors, random performance problems, freezing and crashing and other minor (and potentially major) glitches, all of which are still being ironed out by the team at DICE, but the good news is that by playing the beta you’re helping the developer find and fix these issues.
DICE is currently aware of a number of issues with the Battlefield 4 beta and has listed them all on the official forums, so take a look at the collection below so you’re prepared for them should they crop up:
– We have received reports of Freezes and Crashes affecting the BF4 Beta client. Our team is currently investigating this matter and we will update you here as soon as we know more.
– If you are affected by a Freeze or a Crash upon joining a game, and the error message “BF4 Beta has stopped working” appears, please make sure your Windows is fully updated and your Graphic card is running on its latest driver. Alternatively, some players using GeForce drivers were able to fix this by downgrading their driver to an earlier version.
– We received report of unusually low performances, and are currently looking into that as well.
– Please note that the Battlefield 4 Beta does not support Win32 and 32 Bit operating systems.
– Video settings may not be saved after rebooting the game.
– The tooltip “E” to enter the Venom is visible at a 400 meter distance.
– Player stats in Battledash may not match the stats displayed on Battlelog.
– You may experience an 8 seconds non-interactive pause, when leaving a Multiplayer session or after pressing Start when booting the game.
– You may be floating if you jump on the bollards.
– Cruise Missiles may not destroy any vehicle dropped by Vehicle Drop.
– The requirements for unlock criteria may not be displayed.
– Two flag icons may appear overlapping on each other at each flag point.
– The first attachment of any weapon that is not unlocked, will be the only attachment shown for the first unlocked weapon.
PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
– If you’re disconnected from the EA Servers, the Main Menu tiles remains fixed in the front end.
– When you choose to quit during the EOR, you may be able to see “underworld” for 1 second.
– The camera transition before the EOR screen is under water.
– If you destroy an enemy tank near the Flag A, it may triggers the map’s Mini-Levolution event.
– If you quit from the XMB™ menu after the “Press Start” screen, you may experience a forced shutdown.
– The background screen for the losing team during EOR, is placed “under the game world” for Domination and Obliteration game modes.
– The Hit Indicator is not present when shooting at enemies.
– The EOD Bot can’t arm or disarm MCOMs on Rush mode.
– If you disconnect and reconnect your Ethernet cable while playing, the Game may remain in an endless loading loop.
– You may not be able to perform a knife takedown on an enemy using the TAW Launcher.
– If you sign out from PSN while loading into a MultiPlayer server, you may experience an infinite loading screen.
– In the Soldier Progression menu, you may be able to see upcoming vehicle unlocks that will not be available in the Beta.
– You may be able to see several Medals, Ribbons, and Dog Tags in the “My Soldier” menu.
Who amongst you has had a chance to play in the exclusive Battlefield 4 beta since going live yesterday?
Battlefield 4 is out on October 29th in the US and November 1st in Europe and the UK across Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
Also don’t miss our exclusive interview with DICE producer Daniel Matros who talks about changing careers from a community manager, his favourite feature of Battlefield 4 so far, and lots more besides.