UK Software Chart: Saints Row IV hits the top again for week of August 31stWritten by: / / 10 Comments
Gamers in the UK are responding very positively to the release of Saints Row IV by keeping Volition’s latest zany open-world action game at the top of Chart Track’s weekly sales listing for the second time in a row, even though sales performance was down 44% week-over-week.
Splinter Cell: Blacklist (sales down 37%) also retains its position from last week, content to sit at No. 2 as Disney Infinity (sales down 16%) slips down to No. 4 from No. 3. Driving a wedge between these two games is newcomer Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PlayStation 3 and PC, which debuts at No. 3 after the original game (PC only at the time) was launched three years ago and managed to hit No. 10.
Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition steps down one place to No. 5, while another debut title, Rayman Legends, appears at No. 6 during its first week on sale while outselling Rayman Origins by 20% compared to the games’ respective launch weeks. Madden NFL 25 also makes a debut chart entrance, with a No. 7 placement reserved for EA’s game, while Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 slips three places to No. 8. Payday 2 zooms up to No. 9 from No. 18 and FIFA 13 walks to No. 10 from No. 6 to round out the Top Ten.
Lower down the chart, Lost Planet 3 debuted at No. 26, while Killer is Dead appeared at No. 28 during its first week on sale.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
– 1.) Saints Row IV (Deep Silver)
– 2.) Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Ubisoft)
– 3.) Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Square Enix) [New]
– 4.) Disney Infinity (Disney Interactive)
– 5.) Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft Studios)
– 6.) Rayman Legends (Ubisoft) [New]
– 7.) Madden NFL 25 (EA) [New]
– 8.) Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision)
– 9.) Payday 2 (505 Games)
– 10.) FIFA 13 (EA)
– 11.) Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
– 12.) LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive)
– 13.) The Last of Us (SCE)
– 14.) Max Payne 3 (Rockstar Games)
– 15.) LEGO Lord of the Rings (Warner Bros. Interactive)
– 16.) Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
– 17.) Skylanders Giants (Activision)
– 18.) Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
– 19.) Grand Theft Auto IV (Rockstar Games)
– 20.) Need For Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
You can read last week’s UK Software Sales Chart over here.
Source: Chart Track