PayDay 2 tops the UK charts for the week ending August 17th, with 505 Games’ new title debuting at number one on Chart Track’s latest UK Software Sales listing. This is 505 Games’ first number one since Sniper Elite V2 in week 18 of the year 2012.
This means Minecraft’s three week run as the top title on the chart comes to an end, with the Xbox 360 Edition dropping to second place this week as sales fall 14%.
Sales for Call of Duty: Black Ops II surge (up 60%) and boost the title up four places to seventh. FIFA 13 meanwhile drops two spots to finish fourth, and Animal Crossing: New Leaf remains at number 5.
The Last of Us sticks it out in sixth position and The Smurfs 2 drops to seventh. Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes and Tomb Raider remain at numbers 8 and 9 respectively while Grand Theft Auto IV beats Assassin’s Creed III to finish the week at number 10.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) PAYDAY 2 (505 Games) [New]
- 2.) Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
- 3.) Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
- 4.) FIFA 13 (EA Sports)
- 5.) Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
- 6.) The Last of Us (Sony)
- 7.) The Smurfs 2 (Ubisoft)
- 8.) LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros)
- 9.) Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
- 10.) Grand Theft Auto IV (Rockstar Games)
- 11.) Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
- 12.) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary (Bethesda Softworks)
- 13.) Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
- 14.) LEGO Lord of the Rings (Warner Bros)
- 15.) Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
- 16.) Max Payne 3 (Rockstar Games)
- 17.) Grand Theft Auto Episodes Liberty City (Rockstar Games)
- 18.) Battlefield 3 (EA)
- 19.) Bioshock Infinite (2K Games)
- 20.) Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year (Rockstar Games)
Source: Chart Track