Third State of Decay patch is out today – NPCs can join missions, but ‘large community bug’ remainsWritten by: / / No Comments
Microsoft and developer Undead Labs has set live the latest title update for State of Decay, which brings a great crop of added features, bug fixes and additional niceties to make playing the open-world zombie survival game a smoother, less confusing experience.
Undead Labs does warn, however, that players with an “overlarge” community in the game may be forced to start their journey from the beginning again as the population count is causing freezing and crashing issues, and may even stop players from loading their original save game.
On the plus side, though, non-playable characters are now able to join you on missions.
Leaf through the full list of changes, fixes and tweaks coming to State of Decay with Title Update 3, rolling out now on Xbox LIVE:
- You can now ask a community NPC to follow you and watch your back. Followers can also accompany you on most non-storyline missions.
- NPCs who have been told to leave your community no longer remain in your Journal and take up bed space.
- Jacob can no longer be selected for a “Mercy Shot” mission before he gives you the “Home Away from Home” mission.
- You can now train members of another Enclave in your Dojo immediately upon construction of the Dojo.
- Fixed Snyder Warehouse not repairing vehicles.
- Fixed community NPCs sometimes blocking the door to Snyder Warehouse.
- You can no longer move to a Home site that supports fewer Outposts than you currently control.
- Vehicles are no longer teleported to Home parking spaces at 6:00 AM.
- Outposts are now numbered on the map.
- Added Journal log entry for establishing an Outpost.
- Outpost bonuses to Stockpiles are now retained when the game is restarted.
- Added Journal log entries for “Memento” mission.
- Changed AI to ensure zombies are present when you get a training mission or a morale mission.
- You are now reminded every 15 minutes, starting at 30 minutes, that your progress is not being saved while in a mission.
- Fixed bug that allowed save spinner to sometimes display during missions.
- Additional polish to “The Law” mission.
- Fixed an issue where Influence attrition wasn’t scaling properly, which led to some Influence exploits.
- Removed references to generators in Fuel description.
- Fixed a terrain issue that caused parked vehicles to catch on fire when restarting the game.
- Fixed getting “Stockpile maximum exceeded” Journal log entry immediately after leaving Mount Tanner.
- Fixed issues that allowed community to exceed the population cap.
- Minor improvements to shadows.
- Fixed some missing subtitles.
- Fixed some floating bushes and grass.
- Fixed some typos.
- Fixed issues in non-English translations.
Who is still playing State of Decay and does this patch help with any issues you’ve encountered before?
Source: Undead Labs