Singleplayer DLC announced for Metro: Last Light, more content on the wayWritten by: / / No Comments
The official unveiling and release of the first downloadable content for Metro: Last Light was recently delayed, but now that the content has been revealed to feature more singleplayer missions to extend our adventures in the tunnels of the metro (and presumably over the irradiated surface), all is forgiven.
Available starting July 16th on Steam, Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network, the Faction Pack DLC for Metro: Last Light will include three all-new singleplayer scenarios, each of which will provide further insight into the game’s world by placing you in the boots of three different characters. New weapons and “the return of a truly terrifying mutant foe” are promised, amongst other things.
Here are the three personalities you’ll take control of in the Faction Pack:
- “As a Special Detachment Sniper of the Redline, players must infiltrate a heavily guarded Reich Outpost at night, under the cover of a deadly radioactive storm…”
- “… before defending the front line as a Reich ‘Heavy’, armed with some of the most devastating weaponry found in the Metro.”
- “Lastly, players take the role of a Polis Ranger in training, tasked with exploring the vast Library complex for artifacts and relics. Salvage can be exchanged for ammunition, filters and hazard suits allowing ever deeper exploration into the Library. Rangers are advised to light torches and leave a trail of lights so they can find their way back to the base before their precious oxygen runs out…”
The Faction Pack will go for $4.99 / £3.99 / €4.99 / 400 MSP, but if you’ve paid for the Metro: Last Light season pass you’ll get it at no additional charge.
Metro: Last Light – Faction Pack DLC Screenshots
Deep Silver has also revealed some details on DLC packs we can expect to see in the future for Metro: Last Light:
- The ‘Tower Pack’ presents a unique experience for seasoned Metro gunslingers – a challenge based game mode, with online Leaderboard support, as players fight their way up the combat simulator known as The Tower
- The ‘Developer Pack’ boasts a fully stocked Shooting Gallery, the AI Arena and Metro Museum… And a bonus solo mission – The Spiders’ Nest – offers some new tools for dealing with an infestation of the skittering Spider mutants
- Lastly the Chronicles Pack will feature original single player missions that cast the player as three of the game’s standout characters – Pavel, Khan and Anna – and explore their side-stories away from Artyom’s adventure
Have you played Metro: Last Light yet? Find out what we thought about it in the El33tonline review.