UK Software Chart: Minecraft creep can’t slow The Last of Us down during week of June 29thWritten by: / / 11 Comments
The Last of Us has managed to do what very few platform exclusive titles have ever managed and secured a third week at the top of Chart Track’s UK Software Sales listing. That’s three weeks in a row, mind you, despite a 35% drop in sales week-over-week.
But wait, what’s this? A new challenger to the throne? And a platform exclusive game at that? What is this new mysterious title?
It’s Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition, and it’s heading straight for that No. 1 position on the sales chart! If there’s any other game currently available that can outperform Naughty Dog’s action adventure game, the retail version of Minecraft on Xbox 360 will do it. We’ll keep a keen eye on its performance…
Meanwhile, Animal Crossing: New Leaf (sales down 25%) drops to No. 3 from its comfortable position at No. 2, as FIFA 13 (sales up 43% thanks to sales promotions) moves down one position to No. 4. The Sims 3: Island Paradise debuts at No. 5 on the chart, as Deadpool hits No. 6 during its first week on sale. One more new game to the chart, Company of Heroes 2, hits No. 10 on debut.
Continuing on, Tomb Raider falls three places to No. 7, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 drops two places to No. 8, and Assassin’s Creed III is a non-mover at No. 9
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) The Last of Us (Sony)
- 2.) Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft) [New]
- 3.) Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
- 4.) FIFA 13 (EA)
- 5.) The Sims 3: Island Paradise (EA) [New]
- 6.) Deadpool (Activision) [New]
- 7.) Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
- 8.) Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision)
- 9.) Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
- 10.) Company of Heroes 2 (SEGA) [New]
- 11.) Injustice: Gods Among Us (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 12.) Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
- 13.) LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 14.) Need For Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
- 15.) Luigi’s Mansion 2 (Nintendo)
- 16.) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Legendary Edition (Bethesda Softworks)
- 17.) GRID 2 (Codemasters)
- 18.) Dead Island: Riptide (Deep Silver)
- 19.) Aliens: Colonial Marines (SEGA)
- 20.) Grand Theft Auto IV (Rockstar)
You can read over last week’s UK Software Sales chart here.
Source: Chart Track