Following the release of a new title update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on Xbox 360, the same patch has today been released for PlayStation 3 gamers, too.
(Note: You can take the new patch for a spin with the most recent Double XP Weekend for Black Ops 2 starting today, June 28th, and ending July 1st – details here.)
Find out what Treyarch has done to improve the Black Ops 2 experience on your platform of choice with a full patch notes list below, and let us know if you’ve seen any of these glitches and exploits in action in your games:
Multiplayer Issues Addressed
- Addressed an issue reported by the community where camos and reticles would change or disappear.
- Addressed an issue reported by the community where players could run away with the bomb in a Search and Destroy or Demolition match.
- Addressed an issue reported by the community where players could become invincible for a period of time.
- Resolved an exploit reported by the community where players could receive a secondary weapon in the primary slot in Create a Class.
- Fixed an issue with friendly Stealth Choppers attacking friendly AGR’s in Free for All.
- Fixed a map exploit on Turbine that allowed the player to hide inside of a rock.
- Fixed an issue where the Emblems and Calling Cards were not updating for a 2nd profile signed in as a Split-Screen user.
- Fixed an issue with the “NEW” text appearing next to the Personalize Weapon prompt when there was nothing new.
Zombies Issues Addressed
- Resolved an issue where downs received in a Solo Match counted as deaths on the Global Leaderboards.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the host from launching a Grief or Turned Custom Game.
Mob of the Dead
- Addressed an issue reported by the community where players could avoid zombie attacks in corners and near perk machines.
- Addressed an issue reported by the community where players could activate the electric chair on the bridge while being in last stand.
- Addressed an issue reported by the community where players could reach the top of the closed gate at the docks.
- Addressed an issue reported by the community where players would die when boarding the gondola at the docks.
- Fixed an issue with the M1927 that caused it to do lower damage at mid-range.
- Fixed an issue where the sniper tower trap could fire on players.
- Fixed an issue where screenshots would be distorted or corrupted when saved.
- Fixed several map holes where players could enter unplayable sections of the map.
What else can Treyarch do to improve Black Ops 2? Do you think these lessons will be incorporated into Call of Duty: Ghosts, or will Infinity Ward make its own mistakes when that game launches in November this year?