UK Software Chart: Metro: Last Light avoids the Riptide during week of May 18thWritten by: / / 1 Comment
Dead Island: Riptide had a good run (and shamble) there for a few weeks at the top of Chart Track’s UK Software Sales listing, but Metro: Last Light has arrived to save us from the zombies and replace them with even more creepy first-person action!
Metro: Last Light appears at No. 1 during its first week on sale in the UK, but Chart Track notes the the game wasn’t able to match the launch week sales of the previous title, Metro 2033, which appeared at No. 5 on debut in 2010.
Dead Island: Riptide (sales down 25%), meanwhile, steps down one place to No. 2, as FIFA 13 (sales up 45% on promotions) makes up two places to appear at No. 3. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity on 3DS debuts at No. 4, ahead of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (sales down 32%) which slips from No. 3 to No. 5 this week.
Tomb Raider (sales down 11%) stumbles three places to No. 6, Telltale Games’ The Walking Dead (sales up 28%) shifts up from No. 9 to No. 7, Injustice: Gods Among Us (sales down 24%) hits No. 8 from No. 4 last week, which is set apart from Assassin’s Creed III (sales down 6%) by only 200 units. Bioshock Infinite (sales down 8%) rounds out the Top Ten by scurrying from No. 6 to No. 10.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
– 1.) Metro: Last Light (Deep Silver) [New]
– 2.) Dead Island: Riptide (Deep Silver)
– 3.) FIFA 13 (EA)
– 4.) Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Infinity (Nintendo) [New]
– 5.) Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
– 6.) Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
– 7.) The Walking Dead (Telltale Games)
– 8.) Injustice: Gods Among Us (Warner Bros.)
– 9.) Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
– 10.) Bioshock Infinite (2K Games)
– 11.) Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
– 12.) Luigi’s Mansion 2 (Nintendo)
– 13.) LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins (Nintendo)
– 14.) LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Interactive)
– 15.) God of War: Ascension (Sony Computer Entertainment)
– 16.) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks)
– 17.) Grand Theft Auto IV (Take 2)
– 18.) Grand Theft Auto Episodes – Liberty City (Take 2)
– 19.) Skylanders Giants (Activision)
– 20.) Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (Capcom)
You can read last week’s UK Software Sales Chart over here.
Source: Chart Track