Latest Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 patch goes live on Xbox 360, PS3 – full notes availableWritten by: / / 9 Comments
As promised, Treyarch has today set live a brand new title update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 which continues the developer’s quest to tweak, change and improve the overall online experience, all of which form together to become a very important patch.
The update is now live for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners, and you can read over the full patch notes below:
- Added a limited time game mode to the Bonus Playlist, the Arms Race Team Deathmatch variant awards players 150 score per kill. Let the Scorestreak wars begin.
- Added a post-match Connection Quality survey which will be presented to a sampling of players to assess online gameplay connection quality.
Multiplayer Issues Addressed
- Fixed an issue reported by the community where players could get infinite ammo for the Death Machine and War Machine.
- Addressed an issue reported by the community where players may not die when getting stuck with a Crossbow Bolt.
- Fixed an issue reported by the community where the Hunter Killer drones will float around slowly when they miss a target from a certain angle.
- Addressed an issue reported by the community where the frame rate may drop for other players when the host changes their audio settings during a match.
- Addressed multiple issues on Magma where players were able to fall or dive-to-prone in certain lava areas and survive.
- Players can now enter the crouched position while sprinting with the Riot Shield equipped.
- Care packages now appear in blue and orange on the map when Color Blind Assist is enabled.
- Resolved an issue where players and turrets could survive the water rush when in certain areas on Hydro.
- Resolved a UI issue with Tactical Insertion button prompt placement in Split Screen after a Host Migration.
- Resolved an inconsistency with Max Number of Players being displayed incorrectly when backing out of a Public Match search while it is searching.
- Addressed an issue with the Respawn Delay counter overlapping with other on-screen graphics in Split Screen.
- Addressed an issue with League Teams appearing incorrectly when they view another player’s League Team in the Leaderboards.
- Fixed a formatting issue in Leagues Season Final text where the date the player was placed was wrapping incorrectly.
- Overkill challenges will now progress if the player is using an alternate select fire mode.
- Bots will no longer attempt to capture and destroy the Headquarters from outside of the Alien Set Van or the Castle.
- The upper metal plate of a planted Assault Shield now appears in the proper position during a Killcam.
- Fix for the Hellstorm Missile not defaulting to the center of the Vertigo map when it flies in.
- Equipment, Turrets and Guardians are now destroyed when they are thrown or placed into the lava in some areas on Magma.
- Addressed an issue with the Custom and Private Match change team scoreboard not updating in real time when the overlay is on screen.
- Addressed a rapid scrolling issue in the Preset Class Menu.
- Chopper Hunter Field Specialist challenge updated to Aircraft Hunter with a description that reflects the aircrafts that need to be destroyed to complete the challenge.
- Text displayed for “Enemies forfeiting…” increased on Split-Screen to make it more legible.
- Fixed an issue with the last player alive defusing the bomb in Search & Destroy not receiving any defuse points.
- Resolved an issue with signing in and out while a film in loading in Theater.
- The icon to distinguish a Search & Destroy bomb location is now visible to a Codcaster who is spectating the defending team.
- Resolved an issue with attempting to sign into a Twitch account with Dual Play enabled.
- Fixed an issue in the Combat Record where the images would disappear when scrolling off of and on to the Combat Record.
- Fixed an issue in Offline System Link when the host leaves a lobby.
- Reverted global spawn influencer change from previous game update due to undesirable side effects.
Zombies Mob of the Dead Issues Addressed
- Addressed an issue reported by the community where players would collide with each other and die while riding the gondola.
- Players can now board the plane once it’s been built.
- Fixed an issue in Grief Mode where the Wolf head would freeze after round 5.
- Addressed various zombie pathing issues throughout the map.
- Fixed an issue where character conversations would overlap with each other.
- Fixed an issue where players could not unlock the Juggernog machine that was locked down by Brutus.
- Addressed several exploits involving zombie pathing and the zombie shield.
- Resolved an issue where the game would not end if killed by the Acid Splat.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck behind the Afterlife doors.
- Resolved various pathing issues where zombies would not path to players behind open doors.
- Addressed an issue with the electric chairs placing the players underneath the.
- Addressed an issue where the prompt to build the plane would disappear while holding the Tomahawk.
- Addressed an issue with the wins and loss data not updating in the Grief leaderboards.
What changes and improvements have you noticed that will positively and negatively affect your game? Any weapons or functionality that’s been tweaked that you’ll enjoy? Or hate?