Media Create Japanese Software Sales for week ending April 21st: Tomodachi Collection: New Life sells a bucketloadWritten by: / / No Comments
The latest Media Create software chart introduces us to Nintendo’s newest star performer and 3DS exclusive – Tomodachi Collection: New Life. Apparently the game is a hybrid of Animal Crossing: New Leaf and The Sims so it’s little wonder that it managed to sell 404 858 copies during its first few days at retail.
The PS3 version of Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Storm 3 achieved second place with 87 661 copies sold, while other new entries 7th Dragon 2020-II, Amnesia Crowd, and Monster Hunter Frontier: G1 Premium Package took third, sixth and tenth spot respectively. 7th Dragon 2020-II and Amnesia Crowd were both developed for PSP so it begs the question when the PS Vita will become the target platform for these sorts of games.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- [NEW] Tomodachi Collection: New Life (Nintendo) – 3DS – 404 858
- [NEW] Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Storm 3 (Namco Bandai) – PS3 – 87 661
- [NEW] 7th Dragon 2020-II (Sega) – PSP – 73 697
- Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (Nintendo) – 3DS – 41 296
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo) – 3DS – 34 482
- [NEW] Amnesia Crowd (Idea Factory) – PSP – 24 780
- Card Fight!! Vanguard: Ride to Victory!! (FuRyu) – 3DS – 9 161
- One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 (Namco Bandai) – PS3 – 7 887
- Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! (Namco Bandai) – 3DS – 6 294
- [NEW] Monster Hunter Frontier: G1 Premium Package (Capcom) – Xbox 360 – 6 042
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create