UK Software Chart: Bioshock Infinite hits No. 1 for week of March 30th, but Tomb Raider still holds a crownWritten by: / / No Comments
It was a short stay at the top of Chart Track’s UK Software Sales listing for Gears of War: Judgment, as Bioshock Infinite has been unleashed and swiftly claimed the crown for best-selling game in the UK over the past week.
While Tomb Raider is relegated to No. 2 on the chart, the action adventure title from Crystal Dynamics still holds onto a crown of its own.
Bioshock Infinite enjoyed the best launch week sales of any Bioshock game before it in the UK, outselling Bioshock 2 during a similar timeframe by nine thousand units.
Bioshock Infinite wasn’t able to oust Tomb Raider from its perch as the biggest week one seller in the UK this year, however, and Crystal D’s title remains the one to beat in 2013. Speaking of which, Tomb Raider sales increased 45% thanks to price promotions, cementing its place at No. 2 on the chart.
Gears of War: Judgment (sales down 63%) dropped from No. 1 to No. 3 this week, though, but still did enough to stay ahead of FIFA 13 (sales up 86%), which remained at No. 4. Luigi’s Mansion 2 debuted this week at No. 5, while Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel arrives at No. 6 – a mere 100 units in sales ahead of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (sales up 67%) which moved up three places to No. 7.
No. 8 is occupied by Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14, Assassin’s Creed III leaps four places to No. 9, and Crysis 3 (sales up 64%) shifts from No. 12 to No. 10.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) Bioshock Infinite (2K Games) (New)
- 2.) Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
- 3.) Gears of War: Judgment (Microsoft)
- 4.) FIFA 13 (EA)
- 5.) Luigi’s Mansion 2 (Nintendo) (New)
- 6.) Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel (EA) (New)
- 7.) Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision)
- 8.) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (EA) (New)
- 9.) Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
- 10.) Crysis 3 (EA)
- 11.) Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
- 12.) LEGO City Undercover (Nintendo) (New)
- 13.) Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 (City Interactive)
- 14.) The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (Activision)
- 15.) Skylanders Giants (Activision)
- 16.) SimCity (EA)
- 17.) Need For Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
- 18.) Halo 4 (Microsoft)
- 19.) LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Interactive)
- 20.) God of War: Ascension (Sony Computer Entertainment)
You can read over last week’s UK Software Sales listing here.
Source: Chart Track