UK Software Chart: Judgment wages War on Tomb Raider during week of March 23rdWritten by: / / No Comments
Lara Croft has reigned atop the UK Chart throne for the past two weeks, and it took a mighty final verdict by Damon Baird to finally topple the adventurer so that Gears of War: Judgment could claim its rightful place at the head of Chart Track’s latest sales listing.
Chart Tracks says that the latest entry to the Gears of War series was unable to match the launch week sales success of Gears of War 3, which managed to sell four times as many copies and Judgment on debut.
Tomb Raider sales, meanwhile, may have dropped by 44% but the game still clings to the top of the chart, now sitting at No. 2 ahead of The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct which appears at No. 3 during its first week on sale.
FIFA 13 (sales up 32%) runs up to No. 4 from No. 6 this week, Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 (sales down 37%) is down one place to No. 5, God of War: Ascension (sales down 61%) tumbles four places to No. 6, and another new title, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, appears at No. 7.
Interestingly, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate sold best on 3DS with 55% of sales going to the handheld, with 45% seen on the Wii U, while the game’s Wii U sales also account for nearly half of overall revenue generated by Wii U software this week.
SimCity (sales down 33%) shifts from No. 5 to No. 8, Far Cry 3 (sales up 18%) moves down to No. 9 from No. 7, and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (sales up 27%) steps down one place to round out the Top Ten.
- 1.) Gears of War: Judgment (Microsoft) New
- 2.) Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
- 3.) The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (Activision) New
- 4.) FIFA 13 (EA)
- 5.) Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 (City Interactive)
- 6.) God of War: Ascension (Sony Computer Entertainment)
- 7.) Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom) New
- 8.) SimCity (EA)
- 9.) Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
- 10.) Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision)
- 11.) Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Konami)
- 12.) Crysis 3 (EA)
- 13.) Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
- 14.) Skylanders: Giants (Activision)
- 15.) Need For Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
- 16.) Aliens: Colonial Marines (SEGA)
- 17.) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
- 18.) Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed (SEGA)
- 19.) Hitman Absolution (Square Enix)
- 20.) LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
You can read over last week’s UK Software Sales listing here.
Source: Chart Track